Monday, February 9, 2009

Luxury Cars

There are very few things in this world that can appease a man more than riding in a very nice car. By their very nature, they ride really easy, making you feel like you aren't moving, completely separating the passengers from the road. Driving through the Amazon or the Grand Canyon would feel like you were driving down a smooth highway. But none of that compromises the raw power that is found in these cars. The Mercedes- Benz S600, with a V12 engine, would run straight through a tank and come out on the other side with only a small scratch that a little wax could take care of.

Luxury cars are a very special type of car, there are lots of them, but the ones worthy of mentioning are only a few. A very, very, small few. There are lots of "luxurious" cars out there that are basically moving billboards screaming, "I HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SPEND IT ON!!!." Those kinds of cars are a dime a dozen. BMW Z4s, Mercedes- Benz CLKs, Cadillac CTSs, just to name a couple off the top of my head. Cars that you see ignorant, snooty high school girls driving, COMPLETELY oblivious to whatever the hell's underneath the hood. Don't expect any of that here.

But there is one thing that I need to clear up. The stereotype that ALL people who drive luxury cars of of the same mold of people mentioned above is completely false. There are people out there who value their cars and not just because other people think they look nice. People who understand the sheer power and technology that their car possess, the kind of damage they can do with it, the kind of havoc they can wreak if they want to, the people who make the car look a lot better, not the other way around.

All this talk about luxury cars, and I haven't mentioned a single one I don't think, nor have I even shown a single picture. All not without my reasons, I want to build up some hype for these cars before I show them to whoever is reading this blog... if there is anyone reading this blog... By the way, feel free to post a comment whenever you like about anything you see... anyone... Anyway, eventually I will make some sort of top ten list or something with all of the awesome cars out there. I don't want to sound narcissist or anything, with more than half of my recent posts all being Top Ten lists of my favorite _______s, but most of the time my lists aren't exclusive to my taste, the majority of the people who are interested in what I talk about would agree with what I have to say... Anyway, I got off on my second tangent there, but yeah, eventually I'll get back on to this discussion of cars.

No comments: