Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Feel Like A Wrung Sponge

Yeah, you heard right. I had a few topics that I could blog about for the last two weeks or so, but now I'm fresh out of ideas. So... Lets see what I can pull off here.

Damn, this isn't working. How about I write about... oh I know, Bush getting two shoes thrown at him from across the room!!!



I am trying to suppress my epic LOLs that would be heard across the world, if it were not for the fact that across the world everyone Else's epic LOLs would drown mine out. My only question is, what happens to the journalist now? I mean, what power on this earth can save him from this act? I heard that there were hundreds of lawyers that said they would fight for this "hero" at no charge, but, will that be enough?

Now, I don't really want to say I wasn't entertained by this, because I'd be lying, but I do want to make it clear that I'm not okay with someone being blatantly disrespected in public like that. Even if he is a land and money hungry monger who has no more appreciation in this country than Flava Flav had in his heyday. But I just want to get something clear, the act of throwing a shoe at someone really means a lot in the Arab world. Its one of the most disrespectful things you can do to a man, and its one of those things that you can't really take back. You can't be like, "Oh we're cool now, right?" That was serious business, and that journalist knew exactly what he was getting himself into. But this act has a lot symbolism behind it, it shows that Bush really didn't have respect from the people in the Middle East, he didn't really do any of the things he claimed he did, he said something along the lines of, "I know the rest of the Iraqi people are not like this" or something like that, WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG. There might be a very, very, very minute, minuscule population of Iraqis that for whatever reason supported Bush, but the extremely overwhelming majority would have gladly taken that journalist's spot. Who is now being referred to as a "hero" and a "martyr." The latter mainly due to the fact that people think this man really isn't going to walk away from this, let alone unscathed.

Well, not bad for a wrung sponge eh?

No comments: